Monday, April 28, 2014

A Taste Testing Weekend

I am back on track with working my way through The Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook, which I love.  This is a great cookbook as it offers a lot of lighter dishes and loads of soups, salads and sandwiches.

The hubby thinks I am nuts for posting our meals, but I am excited to test all my recipes and compile them into one personal cookbook so I know exactly where to go when I need something.  Here are the recipes we knocked out over the weekend.

Friday's lunch was her Tomato, Mozzarella and Pesto Panini............to die for yummy.  I paired it simply with a  mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette. 



For dinner, we enjoyed her Lemon Fusilli Pasta.  This was so light and refreshing.  The hubby thought it was more of a side dish; but it was perfect for me.  It would make a great lunch in the courtyard!  I'll have to remember that for this summer. The best part of the dish was that it served for leftovers on Saturday - woo hoo!



After Church on Sunday, I whipped up her California BLT sandwiches (which is basically a BLT with avocado - yummy in the tummy!)



And for dinner, we grilled out her Blue Cheese Hamburger.  This picture doesn't do it justice but it was amazing.



And with that, I'll be in the gym all week and eating salads until we fire up the kitchen again on Friday.  Can't wait!!!  You can get her recipes from the fabulous cookbook or via Food Network. 

Enjoy!

xoxo,
TSS

2 comments:

  1. I want everything you mentioned. Y U M M Y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so good! I am also on a Pioneer Wiman kick. Gonna have to check out that shrimp recipe you posted today.

    ReplyDelete