Friday, March 27, 2015

Gone Fishing

My husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law just cashed in their Christmas present and took off to Bristol, TN for a weekend of fly fishing.  This was what I treated my husband to last year for his birthday and while it was a wonderful weekend, it took me two seconds after checking into our cabin to think, "why the heck did I come - he should be here with his Dad and brother."  SO........that is what I gave them all for Christmas.

The South Holston River Lodge is a lovely set of cabins nestled on the banks of the South Holston River, which is known as some of the best and most challenging water to fish in the Southeast.

Here are some pictures from last year's trip.









One of these bad boys may or may not have made its way into the hubby's Easter basket last year.


I  couldn't let them take off without a few yummies on hand.  Having scouted out the local scene last year, I knew they had plenty of restaurants and a good grocery store to stock up upon arrival.  But these did find their way into their stash.


We are suckers for cheese straws and The Barefoot Contessa's Jalapeno Cheddar Crackers are out of this world.


Barefoot Contessa also makes these Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars, which are perfect for a filling snack while spending a whole day on the river.

Here's hoping for tight lines and hungry fish!

xoxo,
TSS 










No comments:

Post a Comment