Thursday, July 2, 2015

Happy Birthday America Sing Along and Parade

I love my sweet little town.  My husband grew up here and I adore having our kids retrace their Daddy's footsteps by making the same memories in the same locations.

Every year our local library hosts a Happy Birthday America sing along and parade.  This year's marshalls were players from our local minor league baseball team and their beloved mascot, Conrad the Crawdad.  A mini train was also on hand but the John Deere tractor rides stole the show.  Look closely, it is nothing more than dollys put together and carved out barrells.  Sadly, there was a weight limit and I could not particpate but I did have fun on the mini train.  haha

So without further ado,  here is a slice of Americana from my corner of the world.










Once home, I got to work on the food for our annual neighborhood 4th of July party.  Stay tuned for the recipe.

I like big butts and I cannot lie!


Hint:  slow cooker, on a bed of onions with....

Tell me if you can guess what this is???

Happy 4th of July fasting!!!
xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment