Saturday, May 2, 2015

Derby Day

Today marks my favorite sporting event - the Kentucky Derby.  My parents were born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, and I have so many wonderful memories of visiting as a young girl.  Chief among the fun things Louisville offers is the Derby.

We are actually attending a Derby party today so I am not making my usual Derby spread - maybe next year I will do a segment on Derby entertaining - but I did whip up some Bendedictine for lunch today.  Benedictine is a tricky spread to make and I don't usually like how runny it turns out.  I prefer a chunkier version so here is my recipe:



1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 ounces softened cream cheese
Dash of salt
Pinch of pepper
2 teaspoons chopped dill
One sliced up cucumber
Chill spread for at least 30 minutes.  Spread the mixture on bread of choice and line with sliced cucumber.

Well, I am off to prep for the party.  Nothing beats attending the Derby.  Put it on your bucket list if you haven't already.  Just skip the mint juleps - they look pretty but as my Daddy used to say, they simply ruin an otherwise perfectly good glass of bourbon.

Happy Derby Day!!!
Go Baby Go!

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment