Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome Home Cheese Board

My sweetie returned from a week of fly fishing in Montana Saturday night.  I knew he was going to be one tired pup too!  They fished 7-9 hours every day in fast moving water (which I think is nuts but nobody asked me).  Then he had to wake up at 5 AM on Saturday to fly back.  He had a quick flight to Salt Lake City, a four hour flight to Atlanta, a three and half hour layover in Atlanta, an hour flight to Charlotte and then an hour drive home.  Whew - makes you tired just thinking about it, doesn't it?

I knew he would have eaten dinner in the Atlanta airport.  But I also knew he would still want a drink and some nibbles when he got home.  So I borrowed one of Ina Garten's (aka - the Barefoot Contessa - I only have EVERY SINGLE ONE of her cookbooks) favorite hostess tricks for guests who are arriving too late for a meal, which is to lay out a cheese board.  I added a tray with his favorite bourbon and wine and everything was set.  This is such an easy spread but looks elegant and special.  And I am happy to report, it was a big hit!  I hope you'll enjoy this spread when you welcome special people into your home......after hours our otherwise.

xoxo,
TSS

Welcome Home!
 
Framed and printed out pictures that were emailed during the week.
 
Pick Your Poison Beverage Tray
 
The Cheese Board
L-R:  Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper relish, Bleu Cheese, Herbed Brie, crostini, baguette pieces, fried macaroni and cheese bites, a dollop of honey, cheddar cubes
 
Sweet boys waiting up for their Daddy.......one didn't make it.
 
Join me tomorrow for a Halloween House Tour 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful return treat for your Hubby! BTW....I heart Ina too!

    ReplyDelete