Friday, January 17, 2020

A Time For Tea

I hosted a mother-daughter Christmas tea and had such a fun time planning something totally girly.  My mother was in town visiting from Atlanta, which gave me an excuse to banish the boys to the basement and entertain my friends and their sweet daughters.  It was the perfect way to kick off a season of merriment. 


My "Adpot a Daughter" Tea Party

Tablescape

I wanted the little girls to enjoy the "big girl" table with some finery without worrying
about spills. I paired my pink buffalo check tablecloth with my Spode Christmas china but used paper cups and napkins for ease.  It was perfect for the Sugar Plum Fairy theme.


Hydrangea blossoms in tea cups made the perfect floral arrangement. 

Tea sandwiches are a must

Croissants, scones and clotted cream - oh! my!

Decadent treats are always a must for afternoon tea



My coffee and tea service served as my centerpiece filled with hot chocolate

No hot chocolate at Christmastime would be complete without peppermint sticks

or marshmallows fit for the Sugar Plum Fairy herself

The mama's enjoyed coffee, tea and nibbles in the living room and I'll be sharing my favorite tea time recipes soon.  I realize everyone is posting about Valentine's Day and I'm here catching up on Christmas but that is how it goes these days around here. 

xoxo
Grab a plate, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment