Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Stomach Virus and Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

My hubby was scheduled to leave for Phoenix yesterday morning for his yearly Ops Review with all the other company managers.  However, he woke up sick to his tummy at 2:20 AM and was out for the count all day.  My oldest child came down at 4AM complaining of a sore stomach as well so I thought for sure we were in for a bad day.  The flu and stomach virus have been going around our town so badly that one local preschool actually CLOSED for the remainder of the week!  And I was already on heightened alert having just had Spencer's party with a bunch of toddlers in a local playroom.  Fortunately, Harrison was fine - turns out the little turkey was just hungry - but I cancelled a play date and kept the hubby holed up in the bedroom.

After disinfecting anything and everything my hubby had even glanced at, I ran to the supermarket for reinforcements. I had to laugh when the baggie boy glanced at my purchases and simply said, "uh-oh".


Usually, when grown ups are down for the count, I love to prepare homemade chicken noodle soup from Barefoot Contessa Family Style.  It is so comforting and I make it even easier with a rotisserie chicken and store bought, low sodium chicken broth.  You can find the recipe here:

http://www.barefootcontessa.com/recipes.aspx?RecipeID=770&S=0

Here's hoping you have a healthy day!

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment