Sunday, March 8, 2015

Prepping For Guests.



Few things make me happier than a house full of people I love gathered around a table of food that I have prepared.  A big family meal and time to slow down and just enjoy each other's company is the best way I know how to say, "I love you - I am so glad you are part of my life."

As such, the picture above perfectly captures how I start prepping for guests - a table piled with my family recipe box and personal cookbooks. I consider who is coming and pour over cookbooks until I find the perfect "welcome home" meal - because that is how I want people to feel at my table.  Like they have just been welcomed home after a long visit away.

This weekend was super special.  We not only had my boys precious Granddaddy (my father-in-law) in town but we met my brother-in-law's new girlfriend.  I've heard he was a smitten kitten and I wanted her to feel relaxed and at home.  After much hemming and hawing, these were the recipes I chose.

Friday, we dined on Barefoot Contessa's Panko Crusted Salmon.  Holy Moly!  It was amazing!  We enjoyed too much time being in each other's company that I didn't snap a photo but the picture above is the meal.  I paired it with parmesan grits and asparagus.

On Saturday, when we welcomed my BIL's sweetie, I served Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops from Giada de Laurentiis.  I can't tell you how upset I am that I didn't take a picture but rest assured, it will be made again. So yummy.  This was paired with roasted new potatoes and sauteed squash and zucchini.

Today has left me happy as a lark.  Spring is on the way, love is in the air and, as always, I have a long line up of yummy food to accompany my sideboard.  I hope you'll join me and tell me how you prep and entertain your guests.

Gather around the table, y'all!  (catch phrase lifted from Rebecca Lang)

xoxo,
TSS



No comments:

Post a Comment