Saturday, February 18, 2017

Braised Short Ribs over Cheese Grits


The hubby and I celebrated a belated Valentine's dinner last night.  Such is life with little ones, basketball games, travel schedule and evening meetings.

A few years ago, I was cleaning the house and Food Network was on to The Pioneer Woman.  Ree Drummond was cooking her braised short ribs over cheese grits as Brian walked through the room.  He literally stopped and was mesmerized.........he may have even drooled.  I immediately went online and downloaded the recipe and we finally tried it last night.  Y'all - if he was drooling watching the show you should have seen him eating.  It was SO yummy.  Best of all - there were only a few prep steps and then it simmered in the oven for a couple of hours......my kinda meal.  The meat fell off the bone and was so incredibly flavorful.  We highly recommend.

Red wine, beef broth, thyme and rosemary along with carrots and unions 

My husband thinks its hysterical that he gave me a dutch oven and I love it.
Please tell me I am not the only one who married a manboy.
Enjoy!

xoxo,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment