Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Inspiration

I realized last night after a month of blogging that I had not shared with you the inspiration for my blog.  One of my first blogs was about how I came up with the name for my blog, (you can read it here: http://southernsideboard.blogspot.com/2013/07/whats-in-name.html), but I had not shared with you the actual item. 

I went to work in Washington, DC after college and my mother went nuts decorating my apartment.  She purchased me this mini sideboard that lasted me 13 years.  I still love it and have since moved it into my kitchen.

 
You can't see my plaque very well but I display my love for the South in my kitchen as well.
 
The South
The place where:  tea is sweet and accents are sweeter, summer starts in April, Macaroni & Cheese is a vegetable, Front porches are wide and words are long, Pecan pie is a staple, Y'all is the only proper noun, Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy, Everything is darlin' and someone's heart is always being blessed.
 
 
My parents bought the hubby and I this new sideboard as a gift when we purchased our house as a "welcome back south" gift.  However, Mom "borrowed" it for 6 years.  I was pleased to finally get it last October when we cleaned out my childhood home - though I'd give just about anything for it to still be back in Georgia.
 
 
 
I can't leave y'all for the day without showing off what was served from the sideboard last night.  Pesto salmon with parmesan cheese served on parmesan stone ground grits with steamed veggies.  The kiddos ate earlier at their table and enjoyed fish sticks with lima beans. 
 
\
 
 

 
 
 
Check back Sunday as I share my weekly menu planning ideas, shopping lists and pantry needs.
 
xoxo,
TSS

 


No comments:

Post a Comment