Thursday, August 29, 2013

My How Times Have Changed.............

9 years ago today I was sunning myself as a newlywed in St. Thomas, USVI.  Today, I find myself sitting in a courtroom as Juror number 8 in a case that is slated to last a week and a half.  All of this on the week that my eldest son starts half-day school, my husband is out of town and my mother-in-law is also out of town.  Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors who have saved my hide this week by caring for H during the afternoon.  To say that I have been a stress case would be like saying the Titanic had a small leak.

While all of this is stressful and inconvenient, it pales in comparison to what the poor man in my trial has had to go through.  And it has also helped reinforce in my mind an internal conflict I've been having regarding, "time well spent."  SO I am trying to keep an open mind and a servant's heart in my service.  I'm failing; but I am trying. 

There is a silver lining on the horizon; which is my weekend.  My sweet husband comes home tomorrow, we'll celebrate our anniversary and spend some quality time with the family we've created.  Before he left to go out of town, he woke me up to do what he does every day - make me feel special and lucky to be his wife.  But I'm not going to lie - the breakfast was a nice treat!!!

 
Who doesn't love waking up to breakfast in bed???
 
 
 
Another yummy southern cookbook to test. I think he likes my hobby.
 
 
Our wedding day
 
 
Take time to tell people you love them.  In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Life is fast, if you don't stop to look around once in awhile, you could miss it." 
 
Live, laugh, love.
 
xoxo,
TSS
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment