Monday, August 19, 2013

Last Days of Summer

Today marks H's last week of Montessori School.  I have been trying to make this transition fun and exciting for him.  So on Friday, I dropped him off at school, ran home to quickly clean the house and do the laundry and then was back to pick him up for a fun Mommy & Me day.

Our first stop was to the movie theatre for H's very first movie experience.  He had a ball eating his popcorn and watching the movie on, well - in his words, "the biggest screen E-Vah".  My little man is a Rhett Butler in training with his southern accent.

 
 
We then scooted over to Target so he could pick out his own lunch box for school and some other fun school supplies.  Our loot consisted of an Angry Birds lunchbox, a Ninja Turtles water bottle, some fun folders, crayons and a sandwich caddy in his favorite color - red.
 
 
He ended the day by having dinner with his brother in the game room at Lake Hickory Country Club.  Twice a month, LHCC offers a  2 for $55 night in which they offer a pre-set menu with three selections.  For $55 you can get a glass of wine, an appetizer, dinner and dessert for two people PLUS free childcare.  You can't beat it!  Plus, you get a free bottle of wine during your birthday or anniversary month.  So since hubby and I celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary next week, we had a fun date night while the boys got to play in the game room and nosh on chicken tenders, french fries and fruit.
 
 
I was hoping to get some pool time in on Saturday but it was not only overcast, it was barely 70 degrees.  My sweet MIL came over and took the boys to the park to run around and then out to lunch.  So hubby and I checked out a new spot for lunch ourselves.  Two dates in less than 24 hours - I didn't know what to do with myself!!!!
 
The rest of the weekend was lazy by the house.  I ended it by making the hubby a yummy New York Strip steak with blue cheese butter, green beans with almonds and duchess potatoes.  And would you believe it - I didn't take a picture!!! Trust me when I say it was yummy in the tummy.
 
Harrison is having fun with this "School Starts In".........countdown - we are 8 days out!
 



Have a happy and blessed week, y'all!

xoxo,
TSS

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment