Sunday, September 1, 2013

Game Day

Saturday's in the South mean one thing and one thing only...........football!  As a proud alumni of Elon College (now Elon University) I missed out on the great southern tradition of a proper tailgate. While I attended Elon, our football games were played at the local high school. GASP!!! Furthermore, I ran Cross Country so my Saturday's were spent running through the woods.  Fortunately, our Coach learned not to schedule races on Homecoming so we could attend the big event with our beau's.  We now have an amazing stadium that we enjoy visiting.

I am a lifelong Georgia Bulldog fan though and have been to several games with friends over the years.  A lot of my friends in DC went to the University of Alabama and I went to several of their games as well.  So I have definitely been schooled in the ways of the proper tailgate.

Yesterday was the long awaited first Saturday of football season.  I was thrilled to see that Game Day would be the UGA vs Clemson game and snorted my tea when I saw Elon's season opener would be in my hometown of Atlanta against the ACC's mighty Georgia Tech - eeks!  We went  back and forth on whether we would go down to Atlanta for the Elon game or to Clemson for the UGA game.  After GT beat the pants off of Elon 70-0 and Clemson beat UGA, we were glad we decided to stay home.

I cooked up a yummy tailgate feast - Coca Cola Wings, coleslaw, fried okra, carrots and celery with blue cheese dipping sauce. 

 
Here's hoping the Redskins do better in Monday Night Football!
 
Long Live Elon, Go Dawgs & Hail to the Redskins!
xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment