Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vacation Countdown

 
 
In three sweet days, we leave for our beach vacation.  I cannot wait!  Yes, we are that crazy family that waits until September to go to the beach.  I am not a fan of crowds (especially with wee ones) so we take advantage of the fact that the boys are still in pre-school and go in September.  My mother-in-law also foots the bill so who can argue with a free trip to the beach?!?!?!? 
 
The hubby has been traveling, I've served on Jury Duty for the last 6 days, Thing 1 started half-day daycare last week so I had to coordinate after school care for him while I was stuck in the courthouse, my mother-in-law was also out of town and could not help, I now have 2 1/2 weeks of work to complete in 2 1/2 days and I'm more stressed than ever.  Needless to say, I can't wait to get my toes in the sand!!! 
 
I just pray that our children behave.  The hardest part of family vacations is dealing with a 2 year old and 5 year old.  Hopefully, it will be easier this year but it has proven very difficult in years past.   It is very hard to saddle a house full of people, who are also on their vacation, with whining children - especially when you want to steal away a date with your hubby.  But I am determined! 
 
Oh, for the love of my sanity, give us pretty weather and well-behaved children next week!  Be sure to check in for our daily updates from the sunny beach!
 
xoxo,
TSS
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment