Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ash Wednesday

We've ushered in Lent in our house and I am so excited to share this season with the wee ones.  I grew up in the Episcopal Church and married into a Baptist family so Lent is a little different now.  But, the meaning is the same and I feel very strongly about making sure my children understand the Lenten journey.  Unfortunately,  our Ash Wednesday service at Church was cancelled due to ice and another pending storm, so I simply revealed our projects before dinner.  Of course, I want them to be excited about the Easter Bunny and egg hunts; but I also want them to understand the power and meaning behind the season.  So join us for a kid friendly Journey To The Cross.

I love this interactive 40 Day Lenten Walk found on Pinterest from Catholic Icing


Journey to the Cross Prayer Chain
Each day we will write a prayer on a piece of paper and create a dangling prayer chain


On another note entirely, I am excited to have linked up with the Share Your Style party.  Check it out here - mine is the Welcome Home Cheese Board (#50).

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment