Sunday, June 7, 2015

Blue Cheese Burgers

After a week's worth of rain (and the hubby being gone) it was time to fire up the grill for a backyard bbq.  On the menu were, Blue Cheese Burgers from The Barefoot Contessa:  at Home.  If you like Blue Cheese, these are divine.  If not, the mixture would be good without the blue cheese.  Y'all should definitely try it!



We paired it with roasted potatoes and store bought cole slaw.  I love roasted new potatoes and they are super easy to make.  Just get a 2 pound bag, wash and slice them, sprinkle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste - and roast in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 50 minutes.  Be sure to mix them up often during the cooking process as ovens differ and you don't want them to burn.

Aren't my dates cute?



We played hookie from Church today to take care of our overgrown yard.  I will never, ever think magnolia trees and ivy are charming again.  But the yard sure looks pretty!  And didn't Maggie (what I call my Magnolia tree) add nicely to my sideboard?




Happy Sunday Y'all!

xoxo,
TSS


No comments:

Post a Comment