Monday, June 15, 2015

Sunday Supper: BBQ Chicken Pizza by Pampered Chef

I had the pleasure of attending my first Pampered Chef party on Saturday.  It was the most fun I have ever had at a home party.  Usually, you show up to these things and mingle a bit, look through items or the catalog and then place your order. So when I found out there would be a full cooking demonstration complete with dinner, I was a little surprised - but walked out having had the best time!

Of course, this is due in large part to the sweetest hostess in the world and her fun friends - but it was interesting to see how Pampered Chef really worked.  I had heard of the product but never been to a party.  Now I find myself contemplating signing up as a rep - I mean, it is right up my ally.  I love cooking, entertaining AND cooking supplies.  Total trifecta!  We'll see......

We ate BBQ Chicken Pizza and it was amazing.  I looked up the recipe, which you can find here, and made it for the hubby last night.  I bought the BBQ pizza grill pan so I can't wait to try the pizza on the grill.

First, I had to prep the chicken and used a new trick I learned on Food Network.  I simply had two boneless chicken breast that I patted dry and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  I placed a few tabs of butter and half a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and warmed it in a preheated 400 degree oven.  I then placed the chicken in the pan and covered with a buttered piece of parchment paper (tuck the paper down around the chicken - not around the pan).  I cooked it for 35 minutes and it was so moist and tender and tasted amazing!  I knew it was going to be mixed with BBQ sauce but this really would be a great way to cook chicken with other seasonings and not have it come out dry and stringy.




If you like pizza, this is a fun variation.

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment