Monday, December 16, 2013

Sunday Supper - Mustard Marinated Flank Steak

Mustard Marinated Flank Steak
 
 
First off, let me just say that my late, two-time nominee for the Pulitzer Prize (photography) father is probably rolling over in his grave with my horrendous pictures.  Secondly, don't let the picture fool you - this meal was fantabulous!
 
I seem to be cooking my way through Barefoot Contessa recipe's lately and decided there were still some untried meals from my latest acquisition, Fool Proof. So when the hubby said he was in the mood for steak and potatoes, I tried her mustard marinated flank steak.  The Dijon Mustard marinade is so flavorful with the meat.  I paired it with her spinach with feta and pine nuts recipe also from the same cook book (and then cheated with the Country Crock carton of loaded mashed potatoes). 
 
After the 2 hour marinade (which took no time to assemble) the meal only took 15 minutes to whip together.  How's that for a super yummy and easy Sunday Supper?
 
Hope y'all have a great week!
 
xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment