Sunday, April 19, 2015

What Can I Bring? Cheese Grits Casserole

We had a fellowship breakfast this morning for our beloved Sunday School teachers who have decided to step down after 9 years of service to better care for their aging parents.  This sweet couple truly are the salt of the Earth and are so loved by my family, our class and pretty much all who know them.  And we showed them our love this morning through food.  Y'all should have seen that spread!

I had to laugh - after the decision was made to do the pot luck everyone said, "what can I bring?"  That response has inspired a "What Can I Bring?" Section to this site.  So my first recommendation will be what I brought this morning - Cheese Grits Casserole.  I mean - you just can't serve a breakfast party in the South without cheese grits.


This picture doesn't do it justice:  grits simmered in chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, milk, butter, eggs and two kinds of cheese - y'all, it was out of this world.  Needless to say, I'll be having a small salad for dinner.  But do yourself a favor and click on the hyperlink above for the recipe and take it to your next breakfast gathering.

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment