Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday Wit & Wisdom


 I love this.  We all bare scars from our childhood.  "Lesson's learned the hard way", they say.  Some scars are deeper than others however;and, as someone who is estranged from her family, this quote really spoke to me.


Now don't get me wrong, I love my mother and brother and know that they love me; but there were just some major boundary issues in my childhood.  My father was the glue that kept us together. Now that he has passed away, it is has been hard for the three of us to find a healthy balance in each other's lives.  And living in Georgia, North Carolina and New York City doesn't help.  Hence, the over-the-top, celebrate.every.little.thing attitude towards life with my family.  My children will have their own obstacles to climb.  But they will know they are loved.  They will know they are good enough.  And above all - they will know they are a child of God.

It is true that everything you need to know in life you learn as a child:

Treat others the way you want to be treated.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Look both ways before you cross the street.
Take small bites and chew your food well.
and most of all
BE KIND

XOXO,
Lee

1 comment: