Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Movin' On Up!

Yesterday was my baby's first day in the older toddler class at our Montessori school.  Augh - it about killed me!  I was not prepared for how emotional I would be. 

The school is a U shape building.  As you walk in, the administration office in directly in front of you.  The "baby hall" is on the left with the infant class at the back and the younger toddler class (1-2 year olds) up front. You then have the baby playroom and entrance to the baby playground.  The "big kid hall" is on the right with the older toddler class (2 1/2 - 3 year olds) at the back and the preschool class (4-5 year olds) up front. The "big kid" playroom is in the middle followed by the entrance to the "big kid" playground. 

As we walked down the hall to the older toddler classroom, S got a little jittery and started whimpering for "Miss Dee" -his old teacher.  Big brother held his hand and said, "Don't worry, I'll be right next door."  It warmed my heart but as I looked at them, walking hand in hand down the hall, they looked like giants. These are my babies - the are not supposed to grow up so fast! S is starting to look more like a little boy and less of a toddler.  He is even walking more confident (less of the adorable hobble and hop/run).

I know they need to grow up and I can't wait to see the men that they grow into and what they do with their lives.  But this time is so precious and it is criminal how fast it goes by.  I understand now when my Dad would mumble under his breath, "my, my, my - how time flies." 

My sadness went away though when I picked the boys up.  S did his usual, "MOMMY!!!" and ran into my arms.  He told me all about his new swing and tricycle.  He had a great day and I know the new classroom will challenge and excite him.  H was a proud big brother too listening in on the day's activities.  I am so proud of them both.

xoxo,
TSS


Spencer's 1st Day in the Older Toddler Class

 
PS - I clearly need to figure out how to rotate pictures in Blogger.  This saved correctly on my computer but rotated back as I posted.  Any feedback????






 




No comments:

Post a Comment