Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Boost Of Inspiration


I don't know about you but I have lost all motivation to accomplish anything lately.  I assume it is because we have a week and a half left of summer.  My to-do list has a slight dent in it, a personal goal is far from being met and with a trip to the beach looming - I guess I just feel like it is too late to worry about accomplishing things now.

I was pretty down in the dumps about my lack of progress until I looked up and saw my kids playing and laughing AND my puppy just happily watching them (without eating a pair of my shoes I might add).  We've had a great summer.  There have been countless playdates, card games and family shenanigans.  We have laughed until our sides hurt.  Spencer learned how to swim without his floaties and Harrison learned how to dive; amoung other things.  And the best gift was a new job for the hubby which means no more leaving Monday and coming back on Thursday.  So that darn to do list can just wait.  I write this only to say that if you are like me and get bogged down with what isn't being accomplished, look around at what is being accomplished.  I didn't mean to trade my materialistic to do list with a family centered memory making list - but I'll never regret it!

In the meantime, I have joined Instagram so come find me at the_southern_sideboard.  Talk about motivation😍😍😍so many inspirational folks out there.  Can't believe I held out for so long.

So make today amazing in a meaningful way!!!!

Xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment