Monday, August 31, 2015

Eleven Years Of Wedded Bliss

Eleven years ago, I walked down the aisle of The Episcopal Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Marietta, Georgia, and proceeded to marry the most charming, handsome, hysterical, compassionate man who has stood by my side through all the ups, downs and in betweens life has thrown us to date. After thinking up all the glamous locations we could get married, we kept it simple.  We married
in my hometown, in my childhood church with a reception at our local country club.  We honeymooned in St. Thomas and, after 6 years in Washington, DC, we made Charlotte our home.

Since then, we have moved back to DC, and then right back to NC settling in Hickory, my hubby's hometown.  We have two adorable sons, we lost our first dog, got another one, we have laughed, we have fought and we have fallen deeper in love.

And then one day, we got the phone call of my father's accident.  Spencer was 3 months old.  I was just going back to work.  It was a Sunday. I was preparing for Church one minute and speeding down 85 South the next.  The following month was a blur.  The hospital, hospice and then the burial.  While I have no plans to share that experience on my blog, I mention that only to reflect on the love Brian showed me during those moments.  It is so easy to love someone when things are great.  But to love them when times are tough, when your heart is breaking and when you are not exactly the most loveable person - because I have certainly been all those things and more over the last eleven years - well, that is when you know you have found a keeper.  Of course, I knew this back when we were dating; but here's to all the great guys out there who become loving husbands and amazing fathers. I don't tell mine enough how great he is so here's a gushing blog post to the love of my life.  Happy Anniversary!!!

Here's a glimpse of our happy day.








Sorry - got lazy and didn't crop all my shutterfly files.  But you get the idea.  Someday maybe I'll do a full post of our wedding; but for now, I have menu planning and chores calling my name.

xoxo,
TSS






No comments:

Post a Comment