Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta and Pine Nuts


I had the pleasure of taking dinner to a sweet couple on our street that are the proud new parents to an adorable three week old baby boy.  Seeing as it is too hot to eat, I went the non-traditional route for their dinner.

My old standby for "Take Them A Meal" is
Chicken and Biscuits or Lasagna but I knew she would be getting a lot of heavy dinners.  That reminded me of when we had Harrison (who was a late June baby).  I was so grateful for all the wonderful, hearty meals but after awhile I thought, "dang - I just want a salad".  That sounds so tacky - I know.  Really, I was super appreciative.

So there you have it:  my excuse of why I showed up to welcome a new baby to the world with a salad.  Don't worry, a lemon chess pie accompanied it.

It has been awhile since I shared recipes and, after all, that is what this site is all about.  So here is my recipe for this yummy salad perfect for summer.

Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta and Pine Nuts

·         3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
·         1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
·         1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
·         1 pint strawberries, sliced
·         Feta cheese
·         Toasted pine nuts
·         1 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette plus extra for topping

Directions
Marinate chicken in 1 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette for an hour

Grill chicken on medium high for 5 minutes on each side.  Finish cooking in a 350-degree oven (I wrap my chicken in wax paper to keep moist) for 20 minutes.


Wash spinach and place in bowl.  Top with strawberries, sprinkle with desired amount of Feta and pine nuts.  Add sliced chicken and top with Balsamic Vinaigrette. 

Serve warm or chilled.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment