Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spiritual Nourishment

As a working Mommy of 2, I have to have order and structure.  However, there are so many things out of my control with my job and children - there is no way of knowing what the day has in store.....no matter how well I plan!  It is very frustrating but I've learned there is one thing I can control; my mornings.  I try to start each day to make time for things that I had been pushing aside because there, "just wasn't time".......this being my daily devotional and my health.

My alarm wakes me up at 5:00 am daily.  I grab the pile of books on my bedside table and head into the kitchen.  I make coffee while reading Max Lucado's Grace For The Moment daily devotional followed by my daily reading from The Daily Walk Bible.  I then read part of my Married For Life devotional.  It is a sweet compilation of stories from couples that have been married for over 50 years written by David C. Cook.  After that, I go to the gym to work out.  When I get home, I am ready to face the day. 

This requires a great deal of dedication and discipline; but I am always grateful for it at the end of the day.  And it always reminds me that I really can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13).

Hope you're day's been blessed!
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment