Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunday Supper

Chicken-Sage-Mushroom Casserole
 

The hubby came home late Saturday night and I knew after a week of bachelor food with his Dad and brother that he would be ready for a home cooked meal. I went with a fall favorite that I lifted from an old Southern Living.  Their chicken-sage-mushroom casserole is a bit tedious to make in that there are a lot of steps - but it is really easy and delicious!  I served it with steamed green beans and an artisan roll and we were set. 

While the casserole was cooking, we nibbled on the cheese plate I had set out for him as his welcome home surprise Saturday night.  More on that tomorrow.  In the meantime, check out this great recipe and whip it up for your loved ones.  It is a special, elegant meal that has the feel of down home comfort food.  The dish serves 6 so it is great for a dinner party.  Since it was just me and the hubs eating it last night, we have leftovers and I can enjoy a night off from cooking this week - HOORAY! A win, win.

How is it Monday already.............oie vey.  Here's to a great week!

Cheers,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment