Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Scuttlebutt

Just a few thoughts to share with you today from quotes that have been haunting me.

1.  The first one comes from a Bible Study I've been doing on Wednesday nights on the book of Ruth.  It is by Kelly Minter who is fabulous.  In it Kelly challenges us to realize that God doesn't want our best answers, he wants our true answers. 

UM - WOW!  If you are anything like me, you go around trying to please everyone and cater to their needs and wants.  Granted, this is mostly in my work life, but is applicable to family and friends as well.  I know what pushes peoples buttons and try (fail - but try) to avoid them and do only what pleases them.  Well, you can't fool God! 

I have grown more comfortable in my own skin to speak up when I don't think something is right or if I have another suggestion.  But I am not so hot at having my ideas or opinions rejected.  I don't cause a stink but I do have an internal pity party (and a verbal one to the poor, poor hubby). Furthermore, it is one thing to say, "this is how I am and I believe this, this and this" but have your actions not measure up.  I'm good at making excuses - "Oh, I'm just too busy", "work is insane" , "kids got sick", blah, blah, blah - so on and so forth.  At the end of the day, God knows why I did or did not do something...........and he holds me accountable. 

How powerful is that?  I can rationalize excuses away all day but God knows my true my answers - not my best answers.  And I am sure he isn't impressed with little ol' me trying to outsmart him.  hmmmm...........

2.   "If you have done the best you can do and if you have gotten all you could extract from something -- you have given all you had to give, then the time has come when you can do no more than say thank you and move on."
~ Maya Angelou

Love that quote.  I find myself at a crossroad of having to make a decision and this has been ringing in the back of my head.  Who I am and who I want to be aren't exactly in the same place these days so stay tuned........

3.  I posted this on Facebook awhile back.  It makes me giggle.  And since 1 and 2 were sortof deep and heavy - I want to leave you with a giggle.  Meet me on the front porch!!!



Have a great day!

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment