Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

 

Last week, I introduced you to our new "Thankful Thursday" tradition. We purchased our items for a 5 year old boy, said a prayer and packed the box.  It is all ready to go to Church with H this Sunday for delivery.  I cannot wait to watch him drop it off.  He's growing into such a sweet, caring and thoughtful little boy.

I will be sharing more about the history behind Thanksgiving with him tonight.  We will then work on this week's project, which is just perfect given the Veteran's Day holiday we celebrated on Monday.  Both my Grandfather's served in WWII (my paternal grandfather was the XO of a ship and survived D-Day), my maternal grandmother drove ambulances for the Red Cross, my father was in the Air Force and my father-in-law was in the Army and actually deployed to Vietnam.  And since the hubby and I had an eye witness account of 9/11 from Washington, DC, it is very important to us that our children understand and respect their freedom.  Again, this makes me no different from any of you I am sure - but I do welcome an excuse to pause, reflect and TEACH my boys.

As such, I was thrilled to receive this package in the mail the other week inviting us to Adopt a Platoon.  I knew immediately that we would do it but was thrilled that this would tie perfectly into my segments for Thankful Thursday. 


 
So happy to do a small part to say thank you for the brave men and women who fight to defend our freedom.  Land of the free because of the brave!
 
xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment