Monday, November 25, 2013

Sunday Supper - Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli

Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli was on the menu for Sunday Supper last night.



It was a last minute throw together as I had plans for supper with some girlfriends from Church.  However, my schedule isn't exactly going as planned lately so this was a quick and easy fix.  It also serves a bunch, which is helpful for this week.  We have our Wednesday night Church dinner and activities tonight so this dish will serve plenty of meals to tie us over until our guests arrive on Wednesday.

It is DELICIOUS but be warned - unless you like salt, you may want to use 1 teaspoon in the sauce.  I don't usually need to alter Ina's dishes but this one had way too much salt for our liking.  And I have to say, I knew in the back of my mind that two teaspoons of salt was waaaaay too much - but I doubted myself.  I have learned that when it comes to salt and red pepper flakes, I should never doubt myself.  Still - very yummy.

Bon Appetite!

xoxo,
TSS

2 comments:

  1. Ok I definitely need to get one of her cook books! I love every one of her recipes I've tried and this looks simply amazing! Which of her cookbooks is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foolproof is currently my favorite but there are many "go to" recipes in each.

    ReplyDelete