Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pay It Forward

Happy New Year Y'all!  I have been wanting to get back into blogging but find that I am a thousand times busier as a stay-at-home mommy than I was as a working mom.  But here I go again trying to preserve the daily ridiculousness that is my family.  And what better way to kick off my re-entry to the blogging world than a New Year's challenge.  Welcome to Pay It Forward In 2015.

The other day I was a little down in the dumps as I celebrated what would have been my father's 72nd birthday.  I was trying to think of something I could do to honor him and then an old high school/college friend posted this challenge on her Facebook page.



"After all the recent terrible tragedies that have happened and are happening, this world needs as much kindness as it can get. I'm participating in the 'Pay it Forward' initiative: The first five people who comment on this status with "I'm in" will receive a surprise from me at some point during this calendar year - anything from a book, a ticket, something homemade, a postcard, absolutely any surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood comes over me a...nd I find something that I believe would suit you and make you happy. These five people must make the same offer on their Facebook status. Once my first five have commented "I'm in" I will forward this message to you privately, so that you can copy and paste it, and put it on your status, (don't share it) so that we can form a web of connection of kindness. Let's do more nice and loving things in 2015, without any reason other than to make each other smile and show that we think of each other. Here's to a more enjoyable, friendly and love-filled year!"



I signed up immediately and can't wait to see how it unfolds.  I hope it spreads far and wide.  One can barely spend 3 minutes on Facebook to see ridiculous posts of people who clearly need to whine less and love more (myself included) or watch the news to see horrible acts of violoence.  So join with me and do me a favor - honor the people you love daily while they are still with you because I don't want anyone to get a call on a Sunday morning that starts like this, "Dad's not going to make it through the night, you need to get home".



I thank my God upon every rememberence of you.  Philippians 1:3

And with that, I am back to the sideboard...........

xoxo,
TSS





No comments:

Post a Comment