Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy 2014!

Happy New Year!  We enjoyed a nice, quiet evening at home on New Year's Eve.  Hubby announced he was making dinner and I was thrilled when he brought home two of the biggest New York Strip steaks that I have ever seen.  He grilled them and paired them with stuffed portabella mushrooms and a linguini pasta packet.  It was delicious and I enjoyed sipping a glass of the cabernet he bought to go with dinner (oops) and watching him cook for me (err - us).

 
 Look at that bad boy - you could fish for sharks with it! 
I felt guilty not being able to finish it but it was delicious!
 
Then on New Year's Day, we enjoyed the new recipe I share the other day.  It was SO nice not to have to slave away in the kitchen all day.  And since it was just us, this casserole was perfect.
 


 
And now for my New Year's Resolution.......I resolve to EAT!  Yep - while the gyms are gaining memberships this month, I am going to eat my way through all my cookbooks.  I am not going to eat every recipe - but I have all these southern cookbooks and can't remember which recipe is where.  So I am going to go through each, test the ones that I think need testing and compile them into my very own cookbook.  That way, when I need a tried and true recipe, I'll know EXACTLY where to look!
 
 
I also resolve to de-clutter my house and get around to renovating the eye sores (I am talking to you laundry room and master bath).  Last but not least, I resolve to make time for my friends that I miss so much.  Life is hectic with a three & five year old and a full time job.....so I need my best girls to help keep me sane. Many of them are going through trials of their own and I want to be the friend to them that they are to me.
 
I hope you'll join me on the journey.  At the least, it will be a very yummy 2014!
 
xoxo,
TSS


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment