Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday Supper - Mussels in White Wine Sauce

Woo wee!  I thought that when the holidays were over I would be able to sit back and relax.  WRONG!  2014 has started out with a bang and I don't even want to tell  you exactly how much eye concealer I have on this morning to cover the hideous bags under my eyes.  But - so far - 2014 has been a good year.

Starting week three of the year and work is off to a great start (though very, very, VERY busy), I have scratched three items off of my 21 item TO DO list, the household budget is in place and vacations for the year are booked.  Not bad for a week and half's worth of work!

So now - back to my main New Year's Resolution - to cook through my cookbooks.  Sunday supper last night was Mussels in Wine Sauce. This was in honor of my father who would have turned 71 last Monday.  Daddy loved mussel's.  We would go to Carabba's and order the big appetizer portion for our meal, gobble those suckers up and soak the bread in the sauce.  SO GOOD and I enjoyed every bite in honor of him last night.

This version comes from Barefoot in Paris (y'all know I love Ina Garten).  You can find the recipe here.  I did opt to serve it on a bed of linguini.  Deliciousness........
 
Look at that yummy sauce! 
It is so good over linguini and perfect to mop up with sourdough bread.


 
 
Have a great week!
 
xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment