Saturday, January 25, 2014

Soup and Sandwiches

We are continuing to eat our way through my new Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook this weekend.  The hubs got home last night from a week in Connecticut.  With a  5pm flight and an hour drive home, I knew he would want to unwind a bit before sitting down.  And since it was a whopping 20 degrees when he arrived, I thought a yummy soup simmering on the stove would be the perfect way to welcome him home.

We opted for this Mexican Soup.  The flavors were amazing but I will probably use a little less chicken stock, more chicken and maybe even add a drained can of black beans and a drained can of mexicorn next time - just to up the texture.  


Then, this afternoon we enjoyed this super yummy goat cheese and red pepper sandwich.  I pulled the ultimate "Lee" move and didn't read the recipe when making the shopping list.  This recipe calls for the peppers to soak in the marinade for a few hours - so I altered it a bit.  I also don't like red onion on my sandwiches so here's how I tweaked the recipe:

I poured the Balsamic Vinegar in a bowl with some pepper, garlic powder and chopped basil.  I then sautéed some spinach to add to the sandwich.

Prep Station
 
Grilled Ciabatta Bread on my Grill Pan
 
Balsamic Spread
 
The wilted spinach and roasted red peppers helped to melt the goat cheese.
 
YUMMO!
 
 
Try these recipes today - so yummy!
 
XOXO,
TSS


No comments:

Post a Comment