Thursday, February 5, 2015

Oscar de la Renta Exhibit Opens Today In Savannah

I adore Andre Leon Talley.  He is wild, charming and pretty darn spot on when it comes to fashion......as one would expect since his employer is Vogue magazine.  It all conjures up the imagery of Stanley Tucci's character in The Devil Wears Prada.  Granted, I don't read Vogue anymore and my attention to fashion has dwindled now that my days seem to revolve around what time I need to be in the carpool line and less about looking impressive as I navigate the halls of Congress.  But I do still love the glamour - especially when it focuses on days gone by.....when women were down right stunning and not looking like.......well, how I did today; like I just rolled out of bed - because I did.

I had the pleasure of being in the presence of Mr. Talley back in 2006.  He was speaking to a crowd at the Corcoran Museum of Art in Washington, DC.  His topic was on the upcoming spring line fresh from the fashion shows in New York.  It was amazing.  And, of course, I was thrilled when he announced his love for Target.  He entertained a few questions from the crowd when he finished his presentation.  After a lady posed her question, he said, "I'll answer your question when you tell me where you got your belt."  She replied by explaining where her entire high-end label outfit was from and then blushed to say the belt came from Target.  His response?  "Rock it girl, I love TAR-JAY!!!!"

I fell in love.  HE'S REAL!!!  I remember thinking.  A year later, I traded in my nice suits and an impressive job for my own "real life" in North Carolina......I've never regretted that choice but that night still lingers strong in my memories.  I had the privilege  of participating in some fantastic events during my time in D.C. and this was certainly a fun highlight.

SO - you can just imagine my delight to know Mr. Talley has opened an Oscar de la Renta exhibit today at the Savannah Collage of Art and Design.  Two words:  ROAD TRIP!  Get all the info here:

http://www.vogue.com/9688327/first-posthumous-oscar-de-la-renta-exhibit-scad/

Meet me at midnight in the garden of good and evil!

xoxo,
TSS




No comments:

Post a Comment