Friday, August 23, 2013

In Love With TK!

Ever since I posted that we have enrolled H in TK, many of my non-Hickory friends have been asking me, "what is TK?"  First of - SQUEAL!!! - I'm happy to find out some friends are following :)

Secondly, according to Wikipedia, Transitional kindergarten, " is a school grade that serves as a bridge between preschool and kindergarten, functioning to provide students with time to develop fundamental skills needed for success in school in an age- and developmentally-appropriate setting."
Basically - it was designed for children with late spring and summer birthdays to give them an opportunity to mature socially before moving on to Kindergarten.

Well, we had our open house yesterday and I know we made the right decision.  The school is precious but the teacher is fabulous.  She created the program herself and this will be her 17th year teaching TK.  I love her.  Seriously.  I want to go to TK!!!  I am so excited for my little man. 

And we totally knocked her socks off with this super cute teacher's gift that I lifted from my blogging inspiration, Dixie Delights.  She has some adorable free printables for back to school so go check her out before Monday. 


Happy last weekend of summer, y'all!

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment