Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Scuttlebutt

Woo wee - life is hectic these days.  Too many thoughts to process and the hubby is out of town on business, so I am all over the place. So here are a few thoughts for Tuesday:

1.  I am baffled that Vandy beat UGA last weekend.  My beloved Georgia Bulldogs have lost two weekends in a row.  I can accept the loss to Missouri - but not Vandy.  Injuries or no injuries - baffling.  I love Vandy and have tons of friends who went there - but you just don't lose to them.

2.  Am completely jealous of all my friends in Atlanta that posted pictures of Ina Garten's (Barefoot Contessa) recent trip to town.  A few bloggers I follow posted about it too so I know it was a great event, which reminds me that I still have some recipes of hers to test.  Has anyone tested her lamb shanks with orzo - looks devine!



3.  Am overwhelmed at how much my hometown (Marietta, GA) has grown!  I was in town over the weekend visiting my mother and couldn't get over the traffic.  We moved her out of my childhood home a year ago into an apartment in Sandy Springs.  The house was too much upkeep after Daddy died and she didn't need all the space.  Of course, you know I did drive a drive by the old house and I couldn't get over how much the area has changed. I am sure it has been like this and I just didn't notice before but WOW!

4.  Said drive by through Marietta had me realize how much I am living without!!!  I love my sleepy southern town nestled in the foothills of the Western NC mountains but...........Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Williams Sonoma - ahhhh.....oh! how I have missed you!  I stocked up good!

5.  I can't believe H's soccer season is over.  His last tennis lesson is next Monday.  Seriously - where did fall go?

6.  I almost became a stalker Saturday.  Mother and I were meeting a friend for lunch at the country club where I got married and I drove by the house of my favorite blogger (on accident).  To see the house in person was even more amazing than the pictures.  I slammed the brakes so hard I almost sent my mother flying through the windshield.  I fought the urge to run to the front door and beg her to be my BFF - no need to turn into Single White Female (you remember the creepy movie from the late 80s/early 90s). But really - so.stinkin'.cute.  I really should pay this girl a royalty for all her ideas I copy. I don't think she follows my blog so hopefully, I didn't just freak her out.  If so, I promise I am sane.

7.  Did I mention that I can't believe Vandy beat UGA?  Really people...........

Well, I have a Fall Festival, Bible Study, Halloween Spooktacular and Sunday Supper to plan - oh, and my pesky job to get back to.  Have a great day!

xoxo,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment